By Y | January 26, 2015
By Y | January 12, 2015
Interesting read regarding the small but big changes that happen to a person when they call another country home.
By Y | January 11, 2015
The tops answers of residents in each state.
I wonder what Aussie states would be thankful for?
By Y | January 4, 2015
I love New Jersey!
By Y | December 20, 2014
What’s the holidays without a little Tom Hiddleston love!
By Y | December 13, 2014
I came across this list that might be helpful for some of us of places that ship to Australia!
By Y | December 10, 2014
By Y | December 10, 2014
I saw this list on Facebook. I don’t know how accurate it is but I thought I would share because it sounds cool.
1. Australia is as wide as the distance between London to Moscow.
2. The biggest property in Australia is bigger than Belgium.
3. More than 85% of Australians live within 50km of the coast.
4. In 1880, Melbourne was the richest city in the world.
5. Gina Rinehart, Australia’s richest woman, earns $1 million every half hour, or $598 every second.
6. In 1892, a group of 200 Australians unhappy with the government tried to start an offshoot colony in Paraguay to be called ‘New Australia’.
7. The first photos from the 1969 moon landing were beamed to the rest of the world from Honeysuckle Tracking Station, near Canberra.
8. Australia was the second country in the world to allow women to vote (New Zealand was first).
9. Each week, 70 tourists overstay their visas.
10. In 1856, stonemasons took action to ensure a standard of 8-hour working days, which then became recognised worldwide.
11. Former Prime Minister Bob Hawke set a world record for sculling 2.5 pints of beer in 11 seconds. Hawke later suggested that this was the reason for his great political success.
12. The world’s oldest fossil, which is about 3.4 billion years old, was found in Australia.
13. Australia is very sparsely populated: The UK has 248.25 persons per square kilometre, while Australia has only 2.66 persons per square kilometre.
14. Australia’s first police force was made up of the most well-behaved convicts.
15. Australia has the highest electricity prices in the world.
16. There were over one million feral camels in outback Australia, until the government launched the $19m Feral Camel Management Program, which aims to keep the pest problem under control.
By Y | November 30, 2014
I saw this picture somewhere ages ago but it didn’t have a link attached to it or any website credited to it. I kept meaning to do a search for it but I always forgot to do it. I was cleaning out my desktop and came across it and did a search. I couldn’t find anything on it. But I so want this t-shirt!
By Y | November 28, 2014
« Previous Entries