- You will most likely need a visa to visit Australia. You can visit the Australian Government’s Electronic Travel Authority System to get one. From my experience with it, every time I visited Australia, the ETA cost about $20 US and was instantly approved.
- Not sure where you would like to visit? Check out Australia’s official website for great information.
- Learn how to speak Australian.
Moving to Australia:
- If you want to talk to other people that are in the same situation or have been in the same situation as you, this is a great forum to do so. They helped me a bunch!
- Find out what you can and cannot bring into Australia.
Living in Australia:
- Once in Australia, depending on what type of visa you came in you may qualify for certain social-security payments. To see if you qualify, check out Centrelink’s website. (PS, don’t take their first word if they reject you. We had to get them to look up my status a few times before they realized that I was exempt from their 2 year waiting period).
- A great forum to socialize with other American’s living in Australia!
- Craving some good American candy or cake mix? Visit this store to buy some great familiar American products!
- Need a new PC? Or you need your PC repaired? Need a phone system for your office? You can stop in at Plexus Computing for all your IT needs.
Donating Household items in the USA:
Recycling and/or Selling Household items in USA:
Florida Girl in Sydney– a fellow American living in Australia!